Updates on my Sewing Room

These are the two men in my life who have been busy putting the finishing touches on my studio.  I have always wanted to put a frame around my design board and this past week it was completed. 
It's pretty easy to do with a little door framing material and helpers who know what they're doing ... thank goodness for these two! 



Jenny (my daughter) and I worked on the bulletin board last night.  Love the way it turned out!
We used an old frame and some 1/2" insulation, a piece of batting, some Butterfields fabric and a glue gun.  We also added some little half-circle scallops of Butterfields at the bottom for fun.
The board is a bit empty at the moment but I know it won't be long before it's overflowing!


We also got around to hanging some rulers and a couple of shelves. 


I'm really loving this idea.  I was at Homesense the other day and found this wood mannequin that I think is perfect for hanging my small scissors and rotary cutters to keep them handy.


Last but not least my little Louis is 7 months old and tips the scales at a hefty 4 pounds.
He is such a sweet boy and is a delightful part of my day!


Hope you all have a great weekend!


5 comments:

  1. Your studio is just beautiful! I'm looking forward to the day when I have my own dedicated studio space. Until then I can dream ... thanks for the great ideas! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. brenda7/21/2012

    just lovely. such fresh colors. looks like a wonderful place to sew and create. love the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your scissor holder and your other Studio ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at your sewing room. Right now I'm trying to make an itty bitty room as efficient as possible. My husband is putting up shelves for me. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment, I love to read them!
Margot