My Inspiration


 I thought I would share a little about the inspiration for "Blushing" my newest fabric collection with

When I sat down to design "Blushing" a big part of my inspiration came from Apple blossoms that bloom in this part of the world every spring.  I just love these little flowers and after a very long cold winter it's a sure sign that warm weather has finally arrived.



 
But the other exciting part of the inspiration for this collection was the Languedoc cross.  I think it's such a pretty cross and I wanted it to be a part of Blushing. When I married into the Languedoc family years ago my mother-in-law gave me a Languedoc cross pendant - it's something that will always be dear to me.  The cross has a long history that dates back to 1165.  
I think it adds an 'Old World' charm to this new collection. 



 

I won't see sample yardage for Blushing for months and I know the waiting will not be easy, but I've already started drawing out patterns and I hope to have some digital designs for you soon.


7 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful line! I can't wait for the yardage to come out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so pretty, just the kind of fabric I love, will be looking forward to seeing it available to buy
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see pillows and pillow cases for me. These colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty designs. It is always nice to know that there are such talented designers like you to keep us inspired to quilt. Great job, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there a way that I could have all of your fabric lines just piped into my house? Every new one you come out with I love more than the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It`s very nice.I can see a quilt for me.these color are sweetest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really lovely and I love your choice in the selelction of patterns, the houndstooth, dots, and the cross is divine. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment, I love to read them!
Margot